PHOENIX — Arizona Public Service and the Phoenix Suns are teaming up to help schools all around the state.
Together, they’re offering a total of $50,000 dollars in mini-grants for projects that promote science, technology, engineering, and math. The program is known as “STEM.”
“In this program, we provide K through 12 public and charter school teachers throughout Arizona with grants up to $2,500 to help those teachers implement really innovative, hands-on STEM projects,” explained Carrie Cole of APS.
The money can be used to purchase any supplies or equipment they may need, as well as help pay for field trips or even bring in guest speakers, she added.
This is the ninth year APS has partnered with the Phoenix Suns.
The deadline for the STEM mini-grant application is Oct. 8. For more information, click here.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy