PHOENIX — Arizona Public Service and the Phoenix Suns are teaming up to help schools all around the state.
Together, they’re offering a total of $50,000 dollars in mini-grants for projects that promote science, technology, engineering, and math. The program is known as “STEM.”
“In this program, we provide K through 12 public and charter school teachers throughout Arizona with grants up to $2,500 to help those teachers implement really innovative, hands-on STEM projects,” explained Carrie Cole of APS.
The money can be used to purchase any supplies or equipment they may need, as well as help pay for field trips or even bring in guest speakers, she added.
This is the ninth year APS has partnered with the Phoenix Suns.
The deadline for the STEM mini-grant application is Oct. 8. For more information, click here.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain