PHOENIX — Veteran Affairs is bringing extra help to veterans in the East Valley on Wednesday.
Alongside the America Legion, representatives from the VA will be at post 62 in Peoria, Ariz., helping vets get access to many services and benefits, some they might not even know they are eligible for.
“Veterans come out and have questions about women’s health, or they have questions about a specific disability claim, or they might have questions about homeless services,” said Phil Walls, public affairs specialist with the Phoenix VA Health Care System.
The VA has made several stops at American Legion posts across the Valley and Walls said they’ve helped about 400 veterans get access to services. He’s hoping to help as many as they can between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
“We hope that we can get a couple hundred out to come in and get connected to the services they’ve earned,” he said.
Veterans will have access to services and benefits such as education, disability, loans, healthcare and more, Walls said. He said it’s all about making these vets feel taken care of and appreciated.
“It’s our way of getting out there and connecting with the community and supporting them, especially the veterans that we serve,” said Walls.
Walls said no appointment is necessary and the post is located at 9847 W. Desert Cove Ave.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets