PHOENIX — Veteran Affairs is bringing extra help to veterans in the East Valley on Wednesday.
Alongside the America Legion, representatives from the VA will be at post 62 in Peoria, Ariz., helping vets get access to many services and benefits, some they might not even know they are eligible for.
“Veterans come out and have questions about women’s health, or they have questions about a specific disability claim, or they might have questions about homeless services,” said Phil Walls, public affairs specialist with the Phoenix VA Health Care System.
The VA has made several stops at American Legion posts across the Valley and Walls said they’ve helped about 400 veterans get access to services. He’s hoping to help as many as they can between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
“We hope that we can get a couple hundred out to come in and get connected to the services they’ve earned,” he said.
Veterans will have access to services and benefits such as education, disability, loans, healthcare and more, Walls said. He said it’s all about making these vets feel taken care of and appreciated.
“It’s our way of getting out there and connecting with the community and supporting them, especially the veterans that we serve,” said Walls.
Walls said no appointment is necessary and the post is located at 9847 W. Desert Cove Ave.
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee