PHOENIX — Veteran Affairs is bringing extra help to veterans in the East Valley on Wednesday.
Alongside the America Legion, representatives from the VA will be at post 62 in Peoria, Ariz., helping vets get access to many services and benefits, some they might not even know they are eligible for.
“Veterans come out and have questions about women’s health, or they have questions about a specific disability claim, or they might have questions about homeless services,” said Phil Walls, public affairs specialist with the Phoenix VA Health Care System.
The VA has made several stops at American Legion posts across the Valley and Walls said they’ve helped about 400 veterans get access to services. He’s hoping to help as many as they can between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
“We hope that we can get a couple hundred out to come in and get connected to the services they’ve earned,” he said.
Veterans will have access to services and benefits such as education, disability, loans, healthcare and more, Walls said. He said it’s all about making these vets feel taken care of and appreciated.
“It’s our way of getting out there and connecting with the community and supporting them, especially the veterans that we serve,” said Walls.
Walls said no appointment is necessary and the post is located at 9847 W. Desert Cove Ave.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments