This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 83 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
Is your kid about to shift to a four-day school week? Several schools in Arizona has reportedly made the change.
According to Fox 10, the week will now end on Thursday for students in the Camp Verde, Ariz., area.
“It started out as a financial consideration to try to save money, but as we studied it, we found out that the school districts who have gone to four days enjoy it,” said Amber Lee, superintendent of the Camp Verde School District.
While some parents feared students would miss out on schooling, Lee said days were extended to align with state requirements.
But that doesn’t mean Friday is a day off. Students can get extra help and teachers can get extra training.
- Sheriff Paul Penzone looking to eliminate ‘Tent City’ phrase in 2018
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ contestant Evie Clair sings Christmas carols
- One year in, Paul Penzone continues to address ‘culture of hate’ claims
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest stories from past weekend in Arizona, nation
- Palo Verde Middle School teacher gets monthly KTAR News award