PHOENIX — Customers at Chick-fil-A restaurants in Arizona no longer have to use cash or credit cards to pay for meals.
The chicken chain has a rolled out a free app enabling customers to pay using a cell phone.
“They’ll download the app, and use their credit card to load funds on their phone, just like you would on a gift card,” said Jeff Myles, owner of a Chick-fil-A location in Deer Valley, Ariz.
Each register is capable of scanning the app.
“Scan and pay with your phone,” said Myles. “It’s that simple, and you’re out the door.”
And you don’t have to be inside the store to do it.
“It does work in the drive-through,” Myles said. “We’ve got a little radar gun that we can reach right out of the window and scan it (the phone.)”
Myles thinks it’s more convenient that digging through a purse or wallet looking for money.
“For me, my phone is attached to my right hand everywhere I go,” he said. “Instead of fishing through your wallet, it’s right there. You can do it in just a second.”
There are more ways the restaurants are going high-tech. When lines get long at the drive-thru, Myles sends workers equipped with iPads to take orders. Chick-fil-A is also testing an app that will let you order before you get to the restaurant.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night