PHOENIX — Customers at Chick-fil-A restaurants in Arizona no longer have to use cash or credit cards to pay for meals.
The chicken chain has a rolled out a free app enabling customers to pay using a cell phone.
“They’ll download the app, and use their credit card to load funds on their phone, just like you would on a gift card,” said Jeff Myles, owner of a Chick-fil-A location in Deer Valley, Ariz.
Each register is capable of scanning the app.
“Scan and pay with your phone,” said Myles. “It’s that simple, and you’re out the door.”
And you don’t have to be inside the store to do it.
“It does work in the drive-through,” Myles said. “We’ve got a little radar gun that we can reach right out of the window and scan it (the phone.)”
Myles thinks it’s more convenient that digging through a purse or wallet looking for money.
“For me, my phone is attached to my right hand everywhere I go,” he said. “Instead of fishing through your wallet, it’s right there. You can do it in just a second.”
There are more ways the restaurants are going high-tech. When lines get long at the drive-thru, Myles sends workers equipped with iPads to take orders. Chick-fil-A is also testing an app that will let you order before you get to the restaurant.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets