TEMPE, Ariz. — Volunteers packed a cargo container with $250,000 worth of medical supplies Tuesday to ship to Liberia to help fight the Ebola crisis.
The shipment included surgical face masks, gloves, gowns and gurneys from Project C.U.R.E. Phoenix headquarters in Tempe.
Katie Mabardy, executive director of the local branch of the international charity, said all of the supplies were donated by Valley doctors, health care systems, hospitals and medical supply companies.
“This (helps) physicians and health care professionals by providing them with tools they need to keep patients healthy and safe from the transmission of the Ebola virus,” Mabardy said.
Nationally, the organization has sent four cargo containers of aid. The Valley staff is prepared to send more if needed.
“… As we continue to receive donations we will continue to send supplies in response to the outbreak,” Marbardy said.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night