TEMPE, Ariz. — Volunteers packed a cargo container with $250,000 worth of medical supplies Tuesday to ship to Liberia to help fight the Ebola crisis.
The shipment included surgical face masks, gloves, gowns and gurneys from Project C.U.R.E. Phoenix headquarters in Tempe.
Katie Mabardy, executive director of the local branch of the international charity, said all of the supplies were donated by Valley doctors, health care systems, hospitals and medical supply companies.
“This (helps) physicians and health care professionals by providing them with tools they need to keep patients healthy and safe from the transmission of the Ebola virus,” Mabardy said.
Nationally, the organization has sent four cargo containers of aid. The Valley staff is prepared to send more if needed.
“… As we continue to receive donations we will continue to send supplies in response to the outbreak,” Marbardy said.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development