PHOENIX — Toothbrush, shirts, smartphone and … gun.
Sky Harbor is among U.S. airports with the most travelers who are stopped at security with a weapon in their luggage, according to a newspaper report.
The Boston Globe analyzed data from the Transportation Security Administration for 2013, and Phoenix ranked fourth with 66 such instances. Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International topped the list with 111.
In March, a TSA spokesman told KTAR that guns at airports were a common sight. Sky Harbor averages 3.38 guns per million departing passengers.
Rounding out the top five were Dallas-Fort Worth International with 96, Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental with 68 and Denver International with 51.
Last month, security at Sky Harbor found a loaded gun in a woman’s carry-on bag.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life