SIERRA VISTA, Ariz. — Residents in a southeast Sierra Vista neighborhood have been told to boil their water until further notice.
Cochise Health and Social Services was notified Friday by the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality about a problem with the East Slope Water Company.
Routine monthly water tests confirmed the presence of E. coli bacteria in the water system.
The utility company suspects the problem occurred in a hydromatic tank, not the well itself since that is completely sealed.
Routine chlorination occurs in the hydromatic tanks and it’s suspected a valve may have become stuck and allowed untreated water to pass through the tank.
Boiling water kills E. coli bacteria and coliforms.
Health officials say boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes and food preparation.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them