SIERRA VISTA, Ariz. — Residents in a southeast Sierra Vista neighborhood have been told to boil their water until further notice.
Cochise Health and Social Services was notified Friday by the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality about a problem with the East Slope Water Company.
Routine monthly water tests confirmed the presence of E. coli bacteria in the water system.
The utility company suspects the problem occurred in a hydromatic tank, not the well itself since that is completely sealed.
Routine chlorination occurs in the hydromatic tanks and it’s suspected a valve may have become stuck and allowed untreated water to pass through the tank.
Boiling water kills E. coli bacteria and coliforms.
Health officials say boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes and food preparation.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development