PHOENIX — Two men suspected in numerous burglaries in an area west of Casa Grande were caught red-handed Monday morning.
At 1:05 a.m., a Pinal County Sheriff’s Office detective observed Jason Mathew Klidy, 33, of Stanfield, Ariz., leave the driver’s seat of a yellow 2007 pick-up truck that was parked outside of a Stanfield business. He said he then heard “metal on metal” banging noises.
His accomplice, 47-year-old Alan Ray Church, also of Stanfield, then helped him load two stolen electric engines into the truck bed, before driving away.
Detectives pulled the duo over as part of a traffic stop, where they saw the engines in the back. Both men were taken to the local PCSO station, where Church admitted to his involvement in the theft.
Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu said stealing metal is common for meth addicts:
“They steal hundreds of dollars worth of metal, yet destroy machinery resulting in more significant financial loss,” he said. “Jason Klidy and Alan Church thought they could steal like thieves in the night. They will now be behind bars and face penalties for their crimes.”
Both men have been arrested and charged with burglary and theft.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths