PHOENIX — Two men suspected in numerous burglaries in an area west of Casa Grande were caught red-handed Monday morning.
At 1:05 a.m., a Pinal County Sheriff’s Office detective observed Jason Mathew Klidy, 33, of Stanfield, Ariz., leave the driver’s seat of a yellow 2007 pick-up truck that was parked outside of a Stanfield business. He said he then heard “metal on metal” banging noises.
His accomplice, 47-year-old Alan Ray Church, also of Stanfield, then helped him load two stolen electric engines into the truck bed, before driving away.
Detectives pulled the duo over as part of a traffic stop, where they saw the engines in the back. Both men were taken to the local PCSO station, where Church admitted to his involvement in the theft.
Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu said stealing metal is common for meth addicts:
“They steal hundreds of dollars worth of metal, yet destroy machinery resulting in more significant financial loss,” he said. “Jason Klidy and Alan Church thought they could steal like thieves in the night. They will now be behind bars and face penalties for their crimes.”
Both men have been arrested and charged with burglary and theft.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development