PHOENIX — Two men suspected in numerous burglaries in an area west of Casa Grande were caught red-handed Monday morning.
At 1:05 a.m., a Pinal County Sheriff’s Office detective observed Jason Mathew Klidy, 33, of Stanfield, Ariz., leave the driver’s seat of a yellow 2007 pick-up truck that was parked outside of a Stanfield business. He said he then heard “metal on metal” banging noises.
His accomplice, 47-year-old Alan Ray Church, also of Stanfield, then helped him load two stolen electric engines into the truck bed, before driving away.
Detectives pulled the duo over as part of a traffic stop, where they saw the engines in the back. Both men were taken to the local PCSO station, where Church admitted to his involvement in the theft.
Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu said stealing metal is common for meth addicts:
“They steal hundreds of dollars worth of metal, yet destroy machinery resulting in more significant financial loss,” he said. “Jason Klidy and Alan Church thought they could steal like thieves in the night. They will now be behind bars and face penalties for their crimes.”
Both men have been arrested and charged with burglary and theft.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments