PHOENIX — Pretty little liars need not apply.
“I think lying on your resume is foolish, especially with the Internet” said Valley business owner Dave Riccio. “You don’t have to dig deep to find the truth these days.”
Riccio describes a situation in which he received an incredible resume…almost. It was well-written, articulate and it caught his attention. After Riccio met the job candidate in person, he did Internet searches to discover all of his work experience had been fabricated.
“If you are looking to hire someone, take the time to do an Internet search,” added Riccio. “It’s amazing what you’ll learn by simply Googling someone’s name.”
According to a new Harris poll on behalf of CareerBuilder.com, nearly 60 percent of hiring managers said they discovered untruths on resumes. One third reported having seen exaggerated skill sets or accomplishments, post-recession.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development