PHOENIX — Pretty little liars need not apply.
“I think lying on your resume is foolish, especially with the Internet” said Valley business owner Dave Riccio. “You don’t have to dig deep to find the truth these days.”
Riccio describes a situation in which he received an incredible resume…almost. It was well-written, articulate and it caught his attention. After Riccio met the job candidate in person, he did Internet searches to discover all of his work experience had been fabricated.
“If you are looking to hire someone, take the time to do an Internet search,” added Riccio. “It’s amazing what you’ll learn by simply Googling someone’s name.”
According to a new Harris poll on behalf of CareerBuilder.com, nearly 60 percent of hiring managers said they discovered untruths on resumes. One third reported having seen exaggerated skill sets or accomplishments, post-recession.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments