An Amber Alert that was previously issued for two children abducted in Surprise has been cancelled. The two children and their mother have been recovered safely.
The suspect is in custody according to Surprise PD.
The mother of the children Alexis Escalante was assaulted by the father of the children Heriberto Mendoza. Mendoza dragged Escalante to his truck, went back in the house and took the children as well.
According to Surprise police, Mendoza “may have recently purchased a gun and has made threats to kill the mother and both children.”
- Prescott Valley police offer $500 reward for misplaced handgun
- 5 rescued after spending night in Phoenix-area desert due to stuck car
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving
- DNA evidence leads to Arizona arrest in baby abandonment
- Study says more Arizona teens using opioids without prescription