PHOENIX — Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has provided his deputies with warrants to arrest parents for failure to pay child support.
This Valentine’s Day weekend, more than 70 deputies, reserve deputies and volunteer armed posse will be searching throughout Maricopa County to find people who have failed to follow court orders.
In the last 13 years, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office has made over 800 arrests and purged over $4.1 million during the operations.
The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office began posting mug shots for easy access for the public 12 years ago.
“Children are a lifetime commitment and even if the relationship doesn’t work out, you still owe it to your children to support them,” Sheriff Arpaio said.
- Hells Angels member extradited to Arizona in connection to 2001 murder
- Cardinals GM Steve Keim turns self in to begin extreme DUI jail sentence
- US Senate candidate Dr. Kelli Ward comes to President Trump’s defense
- Adoption fees covered at 2 Phoenix-area animal shelters on Saturday
- Legally Speaking: What is next for Steve Keim following DUI arrest?