PHOENIX — Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has provided his deputies with warrants to arrest parents for failure to pay child support.
This Valentine’s Day weekend, more than 70 deputies, reserve deputies and volunteer armed posse will be searching throughout Maricopa County to find people who have failed to follow court orders.
In the last 13 years, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office has made over 800 arrests and purged over $4.1 million during the operations.
The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office began posting mug shots for easy access for the public 12 years ago.
“Children are a lifetime commitment and even if the relationship doesn’t work out, you still owe it to your children to support them,” Sheriff Arpaio said.
- Mesa mayor appears to call Trump an ‘idiot’ in talks with Sen. Jeff Flake
- Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office K9 to be featured in national calendar
- Arizona filmmaker to debut true crime TV show ‘Deadly Dentists’
- Joe Arpaio loses bid to disqualify judge from racial profiling case
- Groups want prosecutor appointed to appeal Joe Arpaio’s pardon