PHOENIX — Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has provided his deputies with warrants to arrest parents for failure to pay child support.
This Valentine’s Day weekend, more than 70 deputies, reserve deputies and volunteer armed posse will be searching throughout Maricopa County to find people who have failed to follow court orders.
In the last 13 years, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office has made over 800 arrests and purged over $4.1 million during the operations.
The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office began posting mug shots for easy access for the public 12 years ago.
“Children are a lifetime commitment and even if the relationship doesn’t work out, you still owe it to your children to support them,” Sheriff Arpaio said.
- Arizona woman disputes her arrest was made on wedding day
- Arizona mom arrested after kids found living in ‘flop house’ for drug users
- Arizona court upholds car-rental tax surcharge for sports facilities
- Three dead, one hurt after car crashes into pedestrians in Fountain Hills
- Pima County corrections officer arrested for transporting drugs