PHOENIX — The Phoenix-area will be gaining another pizzeria this year called Blaze Fast Fire’d Pizza.
Blaze is a LA-based pizzeria that offers made-to-order pizzas, similar to Pizza Studio located at Cityscape in downtown Phoenix. The pizzeria will open four locations this year, the first being in April near Arizona State University.
The ASU location will be at 105 W. University Drive, which was formerly Zia Record Exchange. The 3,300 square foot space with seat approximately 130 people.
Blaze’s expansion will continue later in the year in Tucson with an opening at the University of Arizona at 5601 E. Broadway Boulevard, another opening in Phoenix at 5120 N. Central Avenue and also at West McDowell Road and 103rd Avenue in Avondale.
Blaze is funded by Cleveland Cavaliers LeBron James, Boston Red Sox co-owner Tom Werner, movie producer John Davis and former talk show host and California first lady Maria Shriver.
Currently, Blaze has 110 locations in 27 states and Canada.
- ‘Beer’ Down: Alcohol could be sold at Arizona Wildcats basketball arena
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ stars to perform at Arizona State University
- Flagstaff police treating case of missing Glendale teacher as homicide
- Deadly carbon monoxide could save lives of Arizona snakebite victims
- Police ID student who fatally fell from apartment balcony near ASU