PHOENIX — It may only be August, but the City of Phoenix is talking about how it can pay for its holiday light display.
City Councilman Michael Nowakowski remembers the way it was when he was a kid.
“I remember driving my mom’s old yellow station wagon down Central Avenue and looking at the Christmas lights,” he said.
The city wants to put up lights this year along Central Avenue, between Camelback and Baseline roads.
Nowakowski said the city would like to raise about $75,000 for the display and is offering sponsorships to pay for it. Companies would have their name on the display along the route and in many other places.
“You’ll be placed on social media,” said Nowakowski. “We’re going to have a bi-monthly newsletter that will be out there, and (ads in) our water bill that will let people know about all of the great sponsors of our holiday lights.”
Advertisements will also air during Nowakowski’s TV show that airs on Phoenix Channel 11.
Companies have until 2 p.m. on Aug. 22 to sign up. For more information, go to Phoenix.gov. Interested parties can also call the city at (602) 262-7654 or contact Layla Ressler at email@example.com.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets