PHOENIX — It may only be August, but the City of Phoenix is talking about how it can pay for its holiday light display.
City Councilman Michael Nowakowski remembers the way it was when he was a kid.
“I remember driving my mom’s old yellow station wagon down Central Avenue and looking at the Christmas lights,” he said.
The city wants to put up lights this year along Central Avenue, between Camelback and Baseline roads.
Nowakowski said the city would like to raise about $75,000 for the display and is offering sponsorships to pay for it. Companies would have their name on the display along the route and in many other places.
“You’ll be placed on social media,” said Nowakowski. “We’re going to have a bi-monthly newsletter that will be out there, and (ads in) our water bill that will let people know about all of the great sponsors of our holiday lights.”
Advertisements will also air during Nowakowski’s TV show that airs on Phoenix Channel 11.
Companies have until 2 p.m. on Aug. 22 to sign up. For more information, go to Phoenix.gov. Interested parties can also call the city at (602) 262-7654 or contact Layla Ressler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas