PHOENIX — It may only be August, but the City of Phoenix is talking about how it can pay for its holiday light display.
City Councilman Michael Nowakowski remembers the way it was when he was a kid.
“I remember driving my mom’s old yellow station wagon down Central Avenue and looking at the Christmas lights,” he said.
The city wants to put up lights this year along Central Avenue, between Camelback and Baseline roads.
Nowakowski said the city would like to raise about $75,000 for the display and is offering sponsorships to pay for it. Companies would have their name on the display along the route and in many other places.
“You’ll be placed on social media,” said Nowakowski. “We’re going to have a bi-monthly newsletter that will be out there, and (ads in) our water bill that will let people know about all of the great sponsors of our holiday lights.”
Advertisements will also air during Nowakowski’s TV show that airs on Phoenix Channel 11.
Companies have until 2 p.m. on Aug. 22 to sign up. For more information, go to Phoenix.gov. Interested parties can also call the city at (602) 262-7654 or contact Layla Ressler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development