PHOENIX — Valley police are cracking down on the world’s oldest profession but instead of rounding up prostitutes, they are going after johns.
On Wednesday, police agencies around the nation teamed up with the Federal Bureau of Investigation to stop sex-trafficking.
“A lot of the women are pushed into that by predators and by criminals that force them to conduct these type of acts,” Chandler Police Sgt. Joe Favazzo said.
Favazzo said the week leading up to the crackdown is about sending a message to would be sex buyers.
“If you get caught, you’re going to be arrested,” he said. “If you’re driving your car, your cars going to be towed and put into a 30-day impound and you’re going to run the risk of being embarrassed in public.”
In total, Valley police agencies have rounded up 150 johns this week.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development