PHOENIX — Valley police are cracking down on the world’s oldest profession but instead of rounding up prostitutes, they are going after johns.
On Wednesday, police agencies around the nation teamed up with the Federal Bureau of Investigation to stop sex-trafficking.
“A lot of the women are pushed into that by predators and by criminals that force them to conduct these type of acts,” Chandler Police Sgt. Joe Favazzo said.
Favazzo said the week leading up to the crackdown is about sending a message to would be sex buyers.
“If you get caught, you’re going to be arrested,” he said. “If you’re driving your car, your cars going to be towed and put into a 30-day impound and you’re going to run the risk of being embarrassed in public.”
In total, Valley police agencies have rounded up 150 johns this week.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food