PHOENIX — Sarah Palin has endorsed Arizona Treasurer Doug Ducey for state governor.
“Doug Ducey is the private sector job creator and proven conservative leader that Arizona needs as its next governor,” the former Alaska governor and vice presidential candidate said on her Facebook page.
Ducey’s endorsement came hours after the announcement of an event hosted by former Mesa Mayor Scott Smith and Gov. Jan Brewer, where she is expected to officially endorse Smith.
Palin joins Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, and many other conservatives who also endorse Ducey for governor.
“Through his efforts as CEO, Doug grew Cold Stone Creamery from a small local Tempe ice cream parlor with four stores into a major international chain with 1,400 franchises in 31 countries,” she wrote.
After these endorsements, the contest may become a close race between Ducey and Smith in the final weeks of the campaign.
Palin is the second national figure to officially endorse Ducey in the last seven days. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio announced last week that he would be supporting Ducey.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon