PHOENIX — Sarah Palin has endorsed Arizona Treasurer Doug Ducey for state governor.
“Doug Ducey is the private sector job creator and proven conservative leader that Arizona needs as its next governor,” the former Alaska governor and vice presidential candidate said on her Facebook page.
Ducey’s endorsement came hours after the announcement of an event hosted by former Mesa Mayor Scott Smith and Gov. Jan Brewer, where she is expected to officially endorse Smith.
Palin joins Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, and many other conservatives who also endorse Ducey for governor.
“Through his efforts as CEO, Doug grew Cold Stone Creamery from a small local Tempe ice cream parlor with four stores into a major international chain with 1,400 franchises in 31 countries,” she wrote.
After these endorsements, the contest may become a close race between Ducey and Smith in the final weeks of the campaign.
Palin is the second national figure to officially endorse Ducey in the last seven days. Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio announced last week that he would be supporting Ducey.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths