PHOENIX — Mesa, the third-largest suburb in Arizona, has been named America’s most conservative city in a recent study.
According to USA Today, the study was conducted by researchers at UCLA and MIT, and it involved 51 U.S. cities with more than 250,000 inhabitants.
The study compared the policy preferences of residents and the actual city policies implemented.
“The policies enacted by cities across a range of policy areas correspond with the liberal-conservative positions of their citizens on national policy issues,” the professors wrote.
The cities that followed Mesa for most conservative were Oklahoma City, Virginia Beach, Va., Colorado Springs, Colo., and Jacksonville, Fla., respectively.
Phoenix and Tucson also appeared on the list, though on the liberal side.
San Francisco was named the country’s most liberal city, followed by Washington, D.C., Seattle, and Boston.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.