With Tuesday being National Take a Hike Day, we thought it would be handy to have a list of the Phoenix area’s five best trails.
Ranked as one of the best hiking cities in the nation by National Geographic, Phoenix is a mecca of hiking and exploring of all kinds.
With 180 miles of desert trails in the Valley, these five hikes have been named by AllTrails.com as the best in metro Phoenix for all lovers of adventure.
All of these hiking trails suit all fitness levels from relatively casual, low-strength trials to more advanced ones, guaranteed to give anyone a great workout.
There are many other choices around the area, of course, but these were considered the most popular and fairly representative of all the trail options in our area.
- Police: Shooting at Phoenix-area school was a murder-suicide
- Gun owners must properly secure their weapons at all times to prevent tragedies
- How to help children cope with school-related tragedies
- The Latest: Arizona school shooting was murder-suicide
- Two 15-year-old girls fatally shot at Phoenix-area school