PHOENIX — With less than six months until Super Bowl XLIX, the Valley is in full-swing preparing for the big event.
The official countdown clock leading up to the championship event was unveiled Wednesday at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport by the Arizona Super Bowl Host Committee along with Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton.
“Phoenix Sky Harbor will be the gateway to the Valley for tens of thousands of Super Bowl visitors,” Stanton said in a release. “We are working closely with the Arizona Super Bowl Host Committee to ensure the best fan experience the NFL has ever seen.”
There are 179 days until Super Bowl XLIX, and the digital clock will be keeping track of the hours, days and minutes leading up to the opening kickoff.
The clock, which is lit up on a 55-inch high-definition LED screen, is located in Terminal 4 on the west end of the baggage claim area.
The game will be played at the University of Phoenix Stadium on Feb. 1, 2015.
This is the third time Arizona has hosted a Super Bowl since 1996.
KTAR’s Holliday Moore contributed to this report.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon