PHOENIX — Secretary of Veterans Affairs Robert McDonald will be in Phoenix on Friday to meet with employees of the VA and veterans.
The visit is likely part of a new program enacted by McDonald. According to the Military Times, his goal is to host a town hall-style meeting at all health and benefit centers under his administration’s control to get feedback from employees and veterans.
“Caring for veterans is a calling, and our first commitment is to provide veterans and their families the timely, quality care and benefits they have earned and deserve through their service to our nation,” McDonald said in a statement. “It is critical that we continue to listen and learn directly from those who use our system.”
Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) said she would meet with McDonald.
“I look forward to meeting Secretary McDonald and continuing the work necessary to ensure all our veterans receive the quality care they deserve,” she said in a release.
Phoenix was at the forefront of a scandal that blew the VA wide open after it was revealed thousands of veterans were forced to wait for months or years to visit a primary care doctor.
McDonald is expected to speak with media after the meetings.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick