PHOENIX — An Arizona woman collects her first prize winnings on Wednesday.
A dog food company will give Linda Nichols $10,000, while also donating a half a million dollars for a project that will have dogs in the northern part of the state wagging their tails.
Nichols is this year’s winner of an annual contest held by Beneful Dog Food.
“Each year, we invite our consumers to answer the question, ‘If you had $500,000 to create a dream dog park where you and your best buddy can play together, what would you do?'” asked Moronke Tyler, spokeswoman for Beneful.
Nichols won for her fire station-themed idea for the Willow Creek Dog Park in Prescott Valley.
“It will have a fire truck play area, fire hose-shaped tunnels and a covered firehouse lounge area with tables for owners to enjoy,” Tyler said.
It will also have a fire hydrant.
“There will be some misting elements in the park that meet all of the guidelines that are set by the city that will have a hydrant theme,” she laughed. “We’re hoping that the dogs will enjoy the water and not some of the other ‘benefits.'”
The groundbreaking and unveiling of the park’s design will be revealed Wednesday during ceremonies that are only open to certain Prescott Valley dignitaries.
The park is expected to be open to the public by Thanksgiving.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development