PHOENIX — Here’s some good news for Arizona homebuyers.
A new Bankrate.com survey ranked the state as the eighth lowest in the country when it comes to closing costs.
Overall, closing costs rose about two percent in Arizona last year and nearly 6 percent nationwide.
“Nationally, a homebuyer getting a $200,000 loan today would pay an average of about $2,539 to close on the loan,” said Polyana Da Costa with Bankrate.com.
She said that stiff competition among mortgage companies is keeping costs lower in the state.
“Lenders will charge what the market bears,” said Da Costa. “If there is a lot of competition in one market, they have to be more competitive with their pricing.”
The survey says Texas has the highest closing costs in the nation, with an average of $3,046 for a $200,000 loan. Alaska, New York, Hawaii and Wisconsin round out the top five.
The cheapest closing costs in the country are in Nevada, with an average of $2,265. The rest of the bottom five are Tennessee, Missouri, Ohio and Washington, D.C.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night