PHOENIX — Border Patrol agents in the Tucson sector ended the month of July with successful busts.
On July 25, agents in Sonoita, Ariz., arrested a male U.S. citizen at a checkpoint after his Buick sedan yielded a firearm, magazines, ammunition and six bundles of marijuana, valued at approximately $72,000.
Also on July 25, agents at a checkpoint near Tubac, Ariz., seized a Ford Expedition and its four occupants in connection with human smuggling. The next day, a truck was seized and the driver apprehended after agents found 145 pounds of marijuana.
July 27 yielded the apprehension of eight illegal immigrants near Naco, Ariz., while on July 30, Nogales agents found an abandoned package of cocaine worth about $54,000.
August has also started out fruitful for border agents, as a U.S. citizen was arrested after eight pounds of meth were found in the rear seat of a Mercury sedan. the drugs were worth over $120,000.
In all, from July 25 through Aug. 2, agents seized four vehicles, a firearm, over $321,000 worth of drugs and arrested 15 people in connection with criminal cases.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon