PHOENIX — You never know who you will run into when you go to lunch.
When Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) and Sen. Rand Paul (R-Texas) sat down for lunch in Okoboji, Iowa, they likely didn’t expect a political debate.
But such is the life for politicians, as they were confronted by two Dreamers during their meal. Erika Andiola, an Arizona State University graduate, and Cesar Vargas, a soon-to-be lawyer, confronted the two men to talk about immigration. The encounter was taped and had been viewed by nearly 200,000 people by Tuesday afternoon.
Last week, King voted to change President Barack Obama’s deferred action plan. The proposed alteration would not delay deportations for Dreamers.
While the conversation doesn’t really go anywhere, keep on eye on Paul early in the clip. A presidential hopeful, he recognizes the camera and situation and figures it’s best to take his meal elsewhere.
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates