PHOENIX — You never know who you will run into when you go to lunch.
When Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) and Sen. Rand Paul (R-Texas) sat down for lunch in Okoboji, Iowa, they likely didn’t expect a political debate.
But such is the life for politicians, as they were confronted by two Dreamers during their meal. Erika Andiola, an Arizona State University graduate, and Cesar Vargas, a soon-to-be lawyer, confronted the two men to talk about immigration. The encounter was taped and had been viewed by nearly 200,000 people by Tuesday afternoon.
Last week, King voted to change President Barack Obama’s deferred action plan. The proposed alteration would not delay deportations for Dreamers.
While the conversation doesn’t really go anywhere, keep on eye on Paul early in the clip. A presidential hopeful, he recognizes the camera and situation and figures it’s best to take his meal elsewhere.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets