PHOENIX — Hundreds of thousands of ballots started arriving in Arizona mailboxes this past weekend. For voters in Peoria, though, their ballots are missing a name.
Despite submitting the required number of valid signatures to quality for the Peoria City Council ballot, Dr. Ken Krieger’s name doesn’t appear on the ballot.
Krieger’s name appears in the official voter guide, but he said he received a call from a rival candidate informing him of the omission. It may be a first in state history.
The situation has left Peoria and Maricopa County officials scrambling for a solution, none of which are suitable to Krieger.
“People make mistakes but this is a stunner,” Krieger said. “And we can’t compound the mistake and trample democracy with ham-fisted solutions and finger pointing from one election official to another.
“I have knocked on hundreds of doors, collected hundreds of signatures and felt very good about my chances for success. This wrong needs to be righted immediately,” he said.
According to a statement, litigation is likely if election officials don’t resolve the problem.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development