PHOENIX — A report from Arizona State University’s school of business said the Valley housing market is officially in a slump.
The W.P. Carey School of Business study said the median single-family home prices have slowed dramatically from last year, even though prices went up 11 percent in June in Maricopa and Pinal counties.
Prices jumped from $190,000 last June to $211,000, but professor Mike Orr said he doesn’t expect much help for home prices until next year.
“Prices are expected to be a little weaker because buyer enthusiasm is lower during the second half of the year.”
Single-family home sales dropped 11 percent in June from the same month in 2013. Orr said there’s an encouraging sign for builders.
“There was an uptick in new home sales in June and the highest monthly total of new single-family construction permits in more than two years.”
Orr said home prices may fall a bit this year but he doesn’t expect the bubble to burst again as some are predicting.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck