PHOENIX — A report from Arizona State University’s school of business said the Valley housing market is officially in a slump.
The W.P. Carey School of Business study said the median single-family home prices have slowed dramatically from last year, even though prices went up 11 percent in June in Maricopa and Pinal counties.
Prices jumped from $190,000 last June to $211,000, but professor Mike Orr said he doesn’t expect much help for home prices until next year.
“Prices are expected to be a little weaker because buyer enthusiasm is lower during the second half of the year.”
Single-family home sales dropped 11 percent in June from the same month in 2013. Orr said there’s an encouraging sign for builders.
“There was an uptick in new home sales in June and the highest monthly total of new single-family construction permits in more than two years.”
Orr said home prices may fall a bit this year but he doesn’t expect the bubble to burst again as some are predicting.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again