PHOENIX — Valley businesses could soon see a big boost in Internet speeds.
Communications company CenturyLink is offering Phoenix business owners data speeds as fast as one gigabit per second.
“We’ve been working on this for quite some period of time,” explained CenturyLink’s Ken McMahon, vice president and general manager for the Phoenix market. “We’ve been waiting to launch this with services that utilize those type of speeds.”
McMahon said Phoenix is one of only 16 cities to have the new technology available.
“We’ve launched new products in [the Phoenix] market that require these types of speeds or enable these types of speeds and converge your data, your Internet and your voice into one bundle,” he said.
Faster speeds, McMahon said, will also help small businesses stay up-to-date with new technology.
“We feel that it enables businesses to start to move their IT infrastructure into the cloud,” he said.
McMahon said the company’s gigabit fiber service will be available in Phoenix starting Aug. 18. The company also plans to launch the new service in Tucson the same day.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food