PHOENIX — Valley businesses could soon see a big boost in Internet speeds.
Communications company CenturyLink is offering Phoenix business owners data speeds as fast as one gigabit per second.
“We’ve been working on this for quite some period of time,” explained CenturyLink’s Ken McMahon, vice president and general manager for the Phoenix market. “We’ve been waiting to launch this with services that utilize those type of speeds.”
McMahon said Phoenix is one of only 16 cities to have the new technology available.
“We’ve launched new products in [the Phoenix] market that require these types of speeds or enable these types of speeds and converge your data, your Internet and your voice into one bundle,” he said.
Faster speeds, McMahon said, will also help small businesses stay up-to-date with new technology.
“We feel that it enables businesses to start to move their IT infrastructure into the cloud,” he said.
McMahon said the company’s gigabit fiber service will be available in Phoenix starting Aug. 18. The company also plans to launch the new service in Tucson the same day.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night