PHOENIX — Valley businesses could soon see a big boost in Internet speeds.
Communications company CenturyLink is offering Phoenix business owners data speeds as fast as one gigabit per second.
“We’ve been working on this for quite some period of time,” explained CenturyLink’s Ken McMahon, vice president and general manager for the Phoenix market. “We’ve been waiting to launch this with services that utilize those type of speeds.”
McMahon said Phoenix is one of only 16 cities to have the new technology available.
“We’ve launched new products in [the Phoenix] market that require these types of speeds or enable these types of speeds and converge your data, your Internet and your voice into one bundle,” he said.
Faster speeds, McMahon said, will also help small businesses stay up-to-date with new technology.
“We feel that it enables businesses to start to move their IT infrastructure into the cloud,” he said.
McMahon said the company’s gigabit fiber service will be available in Phoenix starting Aug. 18. The company also plans to launch the new service in Tucson the same day.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments