PHOENIX — Valley businesses could soon see a big boost in Internet speeds.
Communications company CenturyLink is offering Phoenix business owners data speeds as fast as one gigabit per second.
“We’ve been working on this for quite some period of time,” explained CenturyLink’s Ken McMahon, vice president and general manager for the Phoenix market. “We’ve been waiting to launch this with services that utilize those type of speeds.”
McMahon said Phoenix is one of only 16 cities to have the new technology available.
“We’ve launched new products in [the Phoenix] market that require these types of speeds or enable these types of speeds and converge your data, your Internet and your voice into one bundle,” he said.
Faster speeds, McMahon said, will also help small businesses stay up-to-date with new technology.
“We feel that it enables businesses to start to move their IT infrastructure into the cloud,” he said.
McMahon said the company’s gigabit fiber service will be available in Phoenix starting Aug. 18. The company also plans to launch the new service in Tucson the same day.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon