PHOENIX — Music can be found in the unlikeliest of places, and for one Tucson resident, it’s at a 20-foot-tall border fence.
Glenn Weyant, 50, a former college professor, is now a full-time dad. He has been creating music on the U.S. border fences since 2006.
Back in May, Weyant set up effects pedals, a small soundboard, microphones and a battery-powered amp at a section of wall in Sasabe, Ariz. He also brought along drum mallets, a cello bow and a viola. While the wall cannot be vandalized in any way, touching it is completely legal.
He then created the song “Escape Goat/Ghost,” which is part of a series called “Performance for Surveillance.” He even donned two masks, “because he said people in India wear masks on the back of their heads to ward off tigers,” according to Vice.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.