PHOENIX — Ward Sutton, a New York-based cartoonist and illustrator has offered a satirical solution to the immigration battle along the U.S.-Mexico border.
The Boston Globe featured his work titled “Arizona to Mexico?,” a satirical cartoon showing what would happen if Mexico annexed Arizona.
“Jan Brewer will be out on the street … literally,” Sutton writes on an illustration that shows the Arizona governor selling tamales on the streets, with residents murmur, “they’re stealing our jobs.”
The cartoon also illustrates how “former Sheriff Joe Arpaio will have to get used to his new civilian status,” while he’s asked for “his papers” by a border patrol agent.
Sutton writes that the solution to the immigration dilemma was just so obvious.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments