TEMPE, Ariz. — Tempe elementary, middle and high schools are back in session this week and police officers will be doing everything they can to keep children safe.
As part of the police department’s Back to School safety campaign over the next several weeks, motorcycle officers will be focusing on vehicular traffic, pedestrian safety, and speeding violations around schools.
Lt. Scott Smith said officers will be providing a visible uniformed presence on and around campuses.
“The additional police presence is intended to provide a deterrent to anyone with criminal intent, and is a reminder to slow down. Pay attention to the surroundings and no texting behind the wheel,” Smith said.
The public can report suspicious behavior spotted near schools by calling 480-350-8311.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food