PHOENIX — Beer lovers, get your growlers cleaned and ready for the next several days: The Arizona Beer Week has finally arrived.
Until Feb. 20, there will be dozens of daily events celebrating the growth of the craft beer industry in the Grand Canyon State. Breweries and bars will play host to pairings, collaboration brews, tap takeovers and more.
“(There are) beer dinners, cigars and beer, whiskey and beer, pairings with donuts, cookies and then there is educational features as well,” Rob Fullmer, Arizona Craft Brewers Guild Executive Director, said.
On Saturday, hundreds of beer enthusiasts from across the state are expected at the Arizona Strong Beer Festival. It has become a staple event during Arizona Beer Week and will be held at the Steele Indian School Park.
“We have got a hot-air balloon going up in the air every couple of minutes, we have got circus performers, we have got live music,” Fullmer said. “It is not just row after row of tents with beer, but there are six football fields full of that.”
- Second Phoenix facility illegally housing migrant children discovered
- Neo-Nazi to be re-tried in Phoenix death of woman in interracial couple
- Arizona awarded $60,000 grant to help close college attainment gap
- Phoenix police join law enforcement agencies in lip sync battle
- Arizona Senate hopeful kills mother, uses her death in gun control debate