PHOENIX — Beer lovers, get your growlers cleaned and ready for the next several days: The Arizona Beer Week has finally arrived.
Until Feb. 20, there will be dozens of daily events celebrating the growth of the craft beer industry in the Grand Canyon State. Breweries and bars will play host to pairings, collaboration brews, tap takeovers and more.
“(There are) beer dinners, cigars and beer, whiskey and beer, pairings with donuts, cookies and then there is educational features as well,” Rob Fullmer, Arizona Craft Brewers Guild Executive Director, said.
On Saturday, hundreds of beer enthusiasts from across the state are expected at the Arizona Strong Beer Festival. It has become a staple event during Arizona Beer Week and will be held at the Steele Indian School Park.
“We have got a hot-air balloon going up in the air every couple of minutes, we have got circus performers, we have got live music,” Fullmer said. “It is not just row after row of tents with beer, but there are six football fields full of that.”
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving
- Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake is supportive of tax plan but wants tweaks
- First case of hantavirus in 2017 reported in northern Arizona
- Man admits to trying to steal train near downtown Phoenix
- Tampa Bay QB Jameis Winston denies groping Uber driver in Scottsdale