PHOENIX — A Phoenix freeway will be closed in both directions over the weekend for pavement maintenance, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The Loop 202 eastbound will be closed between Gilbert and McDowell roads in Mesa from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday for pavement maintenance. The westbound direction of the same portion of the Loop 202 will be closed from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday for the same maintenance.
Arizona Department of Transportation officials said drivers should use alternate routes, including the US 60 freeway. Local traffic will be detoured along McDowell Road.
- Here are five tips for Black Friday you shouldn’t ignore
- Here are 10 things Arizonans should be thankful for on Thanksgiving
- Arizona state senator recovering after collision with drunk driver in Phoenix
- What would it mean for Arizonans if ‘net neutrality’ rules are repealed?
- Gilbert woman launches eco-friendly gift wrapping company