PHOENIX — A Phoenix freeway will be closed in both directions over the weekend for pavement maintenance, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The Loop 202 eastbound will be closed between Gilbert and McDowell roads in Mesa from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday for pavement maintenance. The westbound direction of the same portion of the Loop 202 will be closed from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday for the same maintenance.
Arizona Department of Transportation officials said drivers should use alternate routes, including the US 60 freeway. Local traffic will be detoured along McDowell Road.
- Nearly 22K push for political power at Women’s March in Arizona
- Border Patrol arrests humanitarian group volunteer in southern Arizona
- Three Arizona restaurants recognized with James Beard Awards
- Dog dies in Maricopa County animal shelter from ‘strep zoo’ infection
- Arizonans bought more than 86,000 pounds of medical marijuana last year