PHOENIX — A Phoenix freeway will be closed in both directions over the weekend for pavement maintenance, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The Loop 202 eastbound will be closed between Gilbert and McDowell roads in Mesa from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday for pavement maintenance. The westbound direction of the same portion of the Loop 202 will be closed from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday for the same maintenance.
Arizona Department of Transportation officials said drivers should use alternate routes, including the US 60 freeway. Local traffic will be detoured along McDowell Road.
- Accident on Loop 202 in Tempe closes westbound lanes
- This neighborhood has fastest rising rents, home values in Phoenix area
- Arizona has second-highest growth rate in US for Alzheimer’s diagnoses
- Arizona high court won’t block vote on school voucher law
- Arizona restaurants saw highest revenues in US during spring break