PHOENIX — A Tempe golf course may be seeing some changes soon.
Scottsdale organic farmer Ken Singh wants to change at least part of the Rio Salado Golf Course, which is currently closed, into a farm.
“It’s going to be more of an urban farm,” Singh said. “Because of certain limitations with water rights and things, there’s only so much we can do here.”
Singh said that several gardens are big part of what he sees for the course’s future.
“We’re going to put in gardens, and we’re going to create areas for community gardens once we know what we’re going to do with the county and city,” he said.
The Tempe City Council has already approved the concept of turning the golf course into a farm. The 63-acre, 9-hole golf course is located north of the Loop 202 freeway.
Singh said that he wants it to become an oasis for the entire community. He said that he’s not opposed to keeping the golf course, as long as it fits into the plans for the farm.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick