PHOENIX — A Valley dessert chain kicked off its second annual “Gelato Wars” competition Friday at all of its locations.
The Gelato Spot pitted 10 Valley chefs against each other in the competition, all of whom each made their own unique concoctions to be featured at all three Arizona locations, as well as at the 10 participating restaurants. The competition raises money for Make-A-Wish Arizona, with a goal of reaching $5,000 for the nonprofit, according to the Phoenix Business Journal.
Gelato Spot owner Tommy Plato told the Business Journal that this year’s competition features five new chefs and five returning ones. Plato also hinted at the possibility of expanding Gelato Wars into a TV show in the future.
Customers who go into a Gelato Spot this month have the chance to sample the chefs’ new flavors before deciding which one(s) they’d like to get in a cup or a cone.
The chef who sells the most of his or her flavor at Gelato Spot eateries from Friday until Aug. 31 will win a custom-molded gelato cone trophy and $500 in cash.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development