Now is your chance to volunteer at the Arizona Capitol Museum.
The museum is accepting applications for the Fall Ambassador program. As an ambassador, you will get to interact with people from all over the world and share your love and enthusiasm for all things Arizona.
“Volunteers are the backbone of our programs at the Arizona Capitol Museum,” said volunteer coordinator Abby Schmidt.
There are hands-on activities, historical artifacts to see and public programs that help visitors learn about the state of Arizona.
Visitors at the Arizona Capitol Museum are able to:
• Trace Arizona government from territorial times to statehood, and on to present day
• Learn how the Arizona Constitution continues to drive our state government
• Discover the effects World War II had on Arizona
• Explore the Capitol and Wesley Bolin Plaza monuments
As a volunteer, you “staff the information desk where they’re (you’re) greeting visitors, they’re (you’re) telling them a little about the museum as well as giving them directions to other places in the capitol complex,” Schmidt said.
She says no experience is necessary, only teachability and a friendly attitude. You must be 18 years or older to apply.
All applications are due to the museum by Aug. 15, 2014.
Training for the volunteer program starts on Sept. 2. Applications can be found at AZLibrary.gov.
Admission to the museum is free. It is open Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. From September to May, the museum offers Saturday hours from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food