Now is your chance to volunteer at the Arizona Capitol Museum.
The museum is accepting applications for the Fall Ambassador program. As an ambassador, you will get to interact with people from all over the world and share your love and enthusiasm for all things Arizona.
“Volunteers are the backbone of our programs at the Arizona Capitol Museum,” said volunteer coordinator Abby Schmidt.
There are hands-on activities, historical artifacts to see and public programs that help visitors learn about the state of Arizona.
Visitors at the Arizona Capitol Museum are able to:
• Trace Arizona government from territorial times to statehood, and on to present day
• Learn how the Arizona Constitution continues to drive our state government
• Discover the effects World War II had on Arizona
• Explore the Capitol and Wesley Bolin Plaza monuments
As a volunteer, you “staff the information desk where they’re (you’re) greeting visitors, they’re (you’re) telling them a little about the museum as well as giving them directions to other places in the capitol complex,” Schmidt said.
She says no experience is necessary, only teachability and a friendly attitude. You must be 18 years or older to apply.
All applications are due to the museum by Aug. 15, 2014.
Training for the volunteer program starts on Sept. 2. Applications can be found at AZLibrary.gov.
Admission to the museum is free. It is open Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. From September to May, the museum offers Saturday hours from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns