Now is your chance to volunteer at the Arizona Capitol Museum.
The museum is accepting applications for the Fall Ambassador program. As an ambassador, you will get to interact with people from all over the world and share your love and enthusiasm for all things Arizona.
“Volunteers are the backbone of our programs at the Arizona Capitol Museum,” said volunteer coordinator Abby Schmidt.
There are hands-on activities, historical artifacts to see and public programs that help visitors learn about the state of Arizona.
Visitors at the Arizona Capitol Museum are able to:
• Trace Arizona government from territorial times to statehood, and on to present day
• Learn how the Arizona Constitution continues to drive our state government
• Discover the effects World War II had on Arizona
• Explore the Capitol and Wesley Bolin Plaza monuments
As a volunteer, you “staff the information desk where they’re (you’re) greeting visitors, they’re (you’re) telling them a little about the museum as well as giving them directions to other places in the capitol complex,” Schmidt said.
She says no experience is necessary, only teachability and a friendly attitude. You must be 18 years or older to apply.
All applications are due to the museum by Aug. 15, 2014.
Training for the volunteer program starts on Sept. 2. Applications can be found at AZLibrary.gov.
Admission to the museum is free. It is open Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. From September to May, the museum offers Saturday hours from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life