PHOENIX — Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio announced in a Friday press release he is endorsing State Treasurer Doug Ducey’s gubernatorial campaign.
The move doesn’t necessarily come as a surprise, as both Arpaio and Ducey are very focused on illegal immigration and the border.
“I’m supporting Doug (Ducey) because he’s the right leader for Arizona, and he’ll do the right thing as governor,” Arpaio said in the release. “As the son of a cop, he understands law enforcement issues and will make public safety a top priority.”
Ducey has also earned the endorsements of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) and several former Arizona politicians.
Despite the endorsements, a recent Rocky Mountain Poll showed Ducey second among Republicans running for Arizona governor. Christine Jones has a slight lead, though an estimated 50 percent of GOP voters are unsure who they will vote for in the state’s primary.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them