PHOENIX — Restaurant review and reservation site OpenTable has named a Phoenix eatery one of the 30 best barbecue restaurants in the country.
Located on 27th Avenue in Phoenix, just off Interstate 17, Bobby Q is the only barbecue restaurant in the Southwest to make the list.
Bobby Q, an offshoot of the now-closed Bobby McGee restaurant chain, has such “classic” foods as ribs, pulled pork and beef brisket, as well as other Southern fare, like fried chicken and catfish filets. They also now sell bottles of their famed sauce.
While four restaurants on the list were from Texas, rather surprisingly, eateries in California and New York dominated the list.
OpenTable claims to have reviewed over five million reviews of almost 19,000 restaurants nationwide to create their Top 30 list of best barbecue joints.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain