PHOENIX — Restaurant review and reservation site OpenTable has named a Phoenix eatery one of the 30 best barbecue restaurants in the country.
Located on 27th Avenue in Phoenix, just off Interstate 17, Bobby Q is the only barbecue restaurant in the Southwest to make the list.
Bobby Q, an offshoot of the now-closed Bobby McGee restaurant chain, has such “classic” foods as ribs, pulled pork and beef brisket, as well as other Southern fare, like fried chicken and catfish filets. They also now sell bottles of their famed sauce.
While four restaurants on the list were from Texas, rather surprisingly, eateries in California and New York dominated the list.
OpenTable claims to have reviewed over five million reviews of almost 19,000 restaurants nationwide to create their Top 30 list of best barbecue joints.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy