PHOENIX — The Arizona Super Bowl Host Committee has the “help wanted” sign out for volunteers.
The committee is looking for 5,000 volunteers to help out over a nearly two-week span at various Super Bowl-related events. Some will be at University of Phoenix Stadium on Feb. 1, others will surround the NFL Pro Bowl being held one week earlier.
Kathleen Mascarenas, a spokeswoman for the Arizona Super Bowl Host Committee, said the helpers will perform a variety of tasks.
“You can help plant trees,” she said. “You can be an ambassador at the airport and help guide people in. You can help with hotels. You can part of our Super Bowl Central, which is going to be the hub of downtown Phoenix.”
Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and enthusiastic.
However, anyone who thinks they will get a ticket to the Super Bowl by volunteering will probably be disappointed. Mascarenas joked that she doubts that even she will get a ticket to the big game.
“We’ll be right alongside of our volunteers, probably watching the game from somewhere off-site,” she said.
Mascarenas said that the committee’s goal is to have 10,000 volunteers. About 4,900 have signed up so far.
If you would like to volunteer, go to AZSuperbowl.com.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night