PHOENIX — The Arizona Super Bowl Host Committee has the “help wanted” sign out for volunteers.
The committee is looking for 5,000 volunteers to help out over a nearly two-week span at various Super Bowl-related events. Some will be at University of Phoenix Stadium on Feb. 1, others will surround the NFL Pro Bowl being held one week earlier.
Kathleen Mascarenas, a spokeswoman for the Arizona Super Bowl Host Committee, said the helpers will perform a variety of tasks.
“You can help plant trees,” she said. “You can be an ambassador at the airport and help guide people in. You can help with hotels. You can part of our Super Bowl Central, which is going to be the hub of downtown Phoenix.”
Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and enthusiastic.
However, anyone who thinks they will get a ticket to the Super Bowl by volunteering will probably be disappointed. Mascarenas joked that she doubts that even she will get a ticket to the big game.
“We’ll be right alongside of our volunteers, probably watching the game from somewhere off-site,” she said.
Mascarenas said that the committee’s goal is to have 10,000 volunteers. About 4,900 have signed up so far.
If you would like to volunteer, go to AZSuperbowl.com.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food