PHOENIX — An adorable homeless puppy that almost died after eating rat poison is now recovering at the Arizona Humane Society’s Second Chance Animal Hospital.
The 13-week-old puppy was rescued by AHS’ Emergency Animal Medical Technicians on Sunday and taken to the AHS’ trauma center for homeless pets.
The puppy wouldn’t stop bleeding from his nose, and required a blood transfusion after losing so much blood.
Leo Edgar with AHS said you have to watch your furry family friends around all poisons.
“These poisons are just as appealing to any of our house pets as they are to the rodents that folks are seeking to eliminate,” he said.
Reecess will go into foster care for 30 days to closely monitor his progress, ensure the toxins are out of his system and give him time to recover. Afterwards, he will go up for adoption.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development