PHOENIX — An adorable homeless puppy that almost died after eating rat poison is now recovering at the Arizona Humane Society’s Second Chance Animal Hospital.
The 13-week-old puppy was rescued by AHS’ Emergency Animal Medical Technicians on Sunday and taken to the AHS’ trauma center for homeless pets.
The puppy wouldn’t stop bleeding from his nose, and required a blood transfusion after losing so much blood.
Leo Edgar with AHS said you have to watch your furry family friends around all poisons.
“These poisons are just as appealing to any of our house pets as they are to the rodents that folks are seeking to eliminate,” he said.
Reecess will go into foster care for 30 days to closely monitor his progress, ensure the toxins are out of his system and give him time to recover. Afterwards, he will go up for adoption.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night