PHOENIX — An adorable homeless puppy that almost died after eating rat poison is now recovering at the Arizona Humane Society’s Second Chance Animal Hospital.
The 13-week-old puppy was rescued by AHS’ Emergency Animal Medical Technicians on Sunday and taken to the AHS’ trauma center for homeless pets.
The puppy wouldn’t stop bleeding from his nose, and required a blood transfusion after losing so much blood.
Leo Edgar with AHS said you have to watch your furry family friends around all poisons.
“These poisons are just as appealing to any of our house pets as they are to the rodents that folks are seeking to eliminate,” he said.
Reecess will go into foster care for 30 days to closely monitor his progress, ensure the toxins are out of his system and give him time to recover. Afterwards, he will go up for adoption.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas