PHOENIX — Phoenix police are seeking the public’s help in identifying a suspect in an armed robbery and shooting at a South Phoenix market on Saturday.
A Buckeye police officer, who is also co-owner of La Esquina Market at the corner of Montezuma and Alta Vista Road, was working the counter when a man pointed a gun at him.
As the suspect was leaving, the victim and the suspect exchanged gunfire. There were also two children in the store who were customers at the time of the incident, but they were not injured.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male in his 20s. He is about 5-foot-7 inches tall and weighs around 140 pounds. He was wearing a black t-shirt and black shorts.
Anyone with information on the suspect and his whereabouts is asked to call Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon