PHOENIX — A new survey showed Arizonans are feeling good about the investments made in their homes.
The survey from BMO Harris Bank showed Arizona had a higher percentage of people who are optimistic about the future price of their homes compared to the rest of the nation.
“We found in the survey itself that three in four people in Arizona felt like their home value would increase over the next 12 months,” said Jerry Bevers, director of mortgage lending at BMO Harris Bank. “Compared nationally, our national results we got were about 59 percent, so optimism (is) above the national level.”
Only 7 percent of Arizonans had a pessimistic view of their home price future, believing they were in for losses over the next year.
Phoenicians displayed more optimism, with 84 percent saying they believed their home prices would be going up over the years.
Bevers said, with home prices at affordable levels in Arizona and interest rates low, it is a good time to be optimistic.
“When you tie this survey together it just shows that there’s optimism that home prices will increase, as well as there’s an expectation of (interest) rates increasing so it’s a good time to buy,” he said. “It’s a good time to look at purchasing a home now.”
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night