PHOENIX — A new survey showed Arizonans are feeling good about the investments made in their homes.
The survey from BMO Harris Bank showed Arizona had a higher percentage of people who are optimistic about the future price of their homes compared to the rest of the nation.
“We found in the survey itself that three in four people in Arizona felt like their home value would increase over the next 12 months,” said Jerry Bevers, director of mortgage lending at BMO Harris Bank. “Compared nationally, our national results we got were about 59 percent, so optimism (is) above the national level.”
Only 7 percent of Arizonans had a pessimistic view of their home price future, believing they were in for losses over the next year.
Phoenicians displayed more optimism, with 84 percent saying they believed their home prices would be going up over the years.
Bevers said, with home prices at affordable levels in Arizona and interest rates low, it is a good time to be optimistic.
“When you tie this survey together it just shows that there’s optimism that home prices will increase, as well as there’s an expectation of (interest) rates increasing so it’s a good time to buy,” he said. “It’s a good time to look at purchasing a home now.”
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas