PHOENIX — A Valley dog rescued after being left out in the summer heat is ready for a new home.
The rottweiler, Brody, was rescued by Emergency Animal Medical Technicians and taken to the Arizona Humane Society, after sustaining first-degree thermal sunburns to his back.
Brody had been severely neglected and exposed to the sun with no shade for a long period of time.
Ashleigh Goeble with the AHS said thanks to the shelter’s new laser therapy machine donated to the shelter’s trauma center, the 6-year-old canine is doing much better.
“He is now ready for his new home. We are hoping to find someone who of course would keep him mostly inside as he will have a few scars,” she said.
The laser therapy machine will be used to treat other animals with burns, as it helps with the pain and stimulates the healing of tissues and muscles. It also helps speed up the healing process.
Brody will be available for adoption Thursday at the Sunnyslope Campus located at 9226 N. 13th Ave. in Phoenix. His adoption fee is $110, which includes medical expenses.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this story.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick