PHOENIX — A Valley dog rescued after being left out in the summer heat is ready for a new home.
The rottweiler, Brody, was rescued by Emergency Animal Medical Technicians and taken to the Arizona Humane Society, after sustaining first-degree thermal sunburns to his back.
Brody had been severely neglected and exposed to the sun with no shade for a long period of time.
Ashleigh Goeble with the AHS said thanks to the shelter’s new laser therapy machine donated to the shelter’s trauma center, the 6-year-old canine is doing much better.
“He is now ready for his new home. We are hoping to find someone who of course would keep him mostly inside as he will have a few scars,” she said.
The laser therapy machine will be used to treat other animals with burns, as it helps with the pain and stimulates the healing of tissues and muscles. It also helps speed up the healing process.
Brody will be available for adoption Thursday at the Sunnyslope Campus located at 9226 N. 13th Ave. in Phoenix. His adoption fee is $110, which includes medical expenses.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this story.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck