PHOENIX — A Valley dog rescued after being left out in the summer heat is ready for a new home.
The rottweiler, Brody, was rescued by Emergency Animal Medical Technicians and taken to the Arizona Humane Society, after sustaining first-degree thermal sunburns to his back.
Brody had been severely neglected and exposed to the sun with no shade for a long period of time.
Ashleigh Goeble with the AHS said thanks to the shelter’s new laser therapy machine donated to the shelter’s trauma center, the 6-year-old canine is doing much better.
“He is now ready for his new home. We are hoping to find someone who of course would keep him mostly inside as he will have a few scars,” she said.
The laser therapy machine will be used to treat other animals with burns, as it helps with the pain and stimulates the healing of tissues and muscles. It also helps speed up the healing process.
Brody will be available for adoption Thursday at the Sunnyslope Campus located at 9226 N. 13th Ave. in Phoenix. His adoption fee is $110, which includes medical expenses.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this story.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development