PHOENIX — An aeronautical school in Arizona and a national pilot-training company have signed an agreement to develop programs designed to improve safety and pilot skills.
Embry-Riddle Areonautical University in Prescott and California-based Flight Research Inc. announced the deal Wednesday.
According to its LinkedIn profile, Flight Research specializes in “jet flight training, advanced flight training, aircraft testing,” among other areas.
“Partnering with Flight Research is part of our commitment as a university to understand the science of aviation safety, ensure our students receive the best training in the world, and share our knowledge with all aviators,” said Dr. Erin Bowen, chair of Embry-Riddle Prescott’s Safety Science Department in a statement.
In the partnership, flight training will take place at the Mojave, California site, while classroom work will be there and Prescott.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development