LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A University of Louisville cheerleader has been found dead in an apartment near campus.
The university said the body of 22-year-old Danielle Cogswell was found Monday in an apartment at Cardinal Towne, an off-campus, privately operated student housing complex affiliated with U of L.
Louisville police spokesman Dwight Mitchell said the death did not appear to be the result of foul play.
The Courier-Journal reported that law enforcement officials have said they are awaiting results of an autopsy and toxicology tests.
The newspaper said Cogswell was a transfer student from Arizona State who grew up in Washington and had been a cheerleader at U of L for a year.
U of L’s head spirit coach, Todd Sharp, said he recruited her to Louisville and described her as “one of the top athletes” in the program.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier