LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A University of Louisville cheerleader has been found dead in an apartment near campus.
The university said the body of 22-year-old Danielle Cogswell was found Monday in an apartment at Cardinal Towne, an off-campus, privately operated student housing complex affiliated with U of L.
Louisville police spokesman Dwight Mitchell said the death did not appear to be the result of foul play.
The Courier-Journal reported that law enforcement officials have said they are awaiting results of an autopsy and toxicology tests.
The newspaper said Cogswell was a transfer student from Arizona State who grew up in Washington and had been a cheerleader at U of L for a year.
U of L’s head spirit coach, Todd Sharp, said he recruited her to Louisville and described her as “one of the top athletes” in the program.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night