PHOENIX — About 50 percent of Republicans are unsure which candidate they will back just weeks before the Arizona gubernatorial primary, a poll said.
In addition to so many being undecided, no GOP candidate is a clear favorite, the Rocky Mountain Poll said.
The leading Republican as of mid-July was Christine Jones with 18 percent of the vote, followed by Doug Ducey and Scott Smith with 16 and 8 percent, respectively.
Despite trailing slightly, Ducey has an advantage over Jones when it comes to Latinos, who favor the state treasurer by a two-to-one margin.
Sec. of State Ken Bennett trailed with only 5 percent in the poll, but 27 percent, the largest number of Republicans who plan to vote in the primary, said they were casting a vote for him.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.