PHOENIX — Arizona schools did not fare well on a list of four-year colleges that offer the most bang for your tuition buck.
A new college listing by Money Magazine looked at the roughly 1,500 four-year colleges and universities in the country and listed the University of Arizona at 99th, Arizona State University at 214th and the Northern Arizona University at 562nd.
The magazine’s new numbers tell a different story than the Fiske Guide to Colleges list of “best buy” colleges in the country, which listed Arizona State University as No. 1.
The result is our new Best Colleges rankings. This is the first list of colleges that combines the most accurate pricing estimates available with estimates of likely earnings that take into account a student’s economic background, test scores, and major.
The schools were ranked based on 17 factors in three equally weighted categories: quality of education, affordability and outcomes.
The University of Arizona’s net price of their degrees was listed at $98,556, with an average annual salary within five years of $48,400.
Arizona State University offered a lower price of degree at $96,197, but also a lower average annual salary within five years at approximately $45,700.
Finally, Northern Arizona University offered the highest net price of their degree of the three in-state universities at $99,057, while their average annual salary within five years was the lowest at $40,300.
Babson College, a business-focused institution in Massachusetts, provided the best value education in the United States, with the Webb Institute in Glen Cove, N.Y., and M.I.T. in Cambridge, Mass., coming in second and third.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck