PHOENIX — Arizona schools did not fare well on a list of four-year colleges that offer the most bang for your tuition buck.
A new college listing by Money Magazine looked at the roughly 1,500 four-year colleges and universities in the country and listed the University of Arizona at 99th, Arizona State University at 214th and the Northern Arizona University at 562nd.
The magazine’s new numbers tell a different story than the Fiske Guide to Colleges list of “best buy” colleges in the country, which listed Arizona State University as No. 1.
The result is our new Best Colleges rankings. This is the first list of colleges that combines the most accurate pricing estimates available with estimates of likely earnings that take into account a student’s economic background, test scores, and major.
The schools were ranked based on 17 factors in three equally weighted categories: quality of education, affordability and outcomes.
The University of Arizona’s net price of their degrees was listed at $98,556, with an average annual salary within five years of $48,400.
Arizona State University offered a lower price of degree at $96,197, but also a lower average annual salary within five years at approximately $45,700.
Finally, Northern Arizona University offered the highest net price of their degree of the three in-state universities at $99,057, while their average annual salary within five years was the lowest at $40,300.
Babson College, a business-focused institution in Massachusetts, provided the best value education in the United States, with the Webb Institute in Glen Cove, N.Y., and M.I.T. in Cambridge, Mass., coming in second and third.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night