PHOENIX — Arizona schools did not fare well on a list of four-year colleges that offer the most bang for your tuition buck.
A new college listing by Money Magazine looked at the roughly 1,500 four-year colleges and universities in the country and listed the University of Arizona at 99th, Arizona State University at 214th and the Northern Arizona University at 562nd.
The magazine’s new numbers tell a different story than the Fiske Guide to Colleges list of “best buy” colleges in the country, which listed Arizona State University as No. 1.
The result is our new Best Colleges rankings. This is the first list of colleges that combines the most accurate pricing estimates available with estimates of likely earnings that take into account a student’s economic background, test scores, and major.
The schools were ranked based on 17 factors in three equally weighted categories: quality of education, affordability and outcomes.
The University of Arizona’s net price of their degrees was listed at $98,556, with an average annual salary within five years of $48,400.
Arizona State University offered a lower price of degree at $96,197, but also a lower average annual salary within five years at approximately $45,700.
Finally, Northern Arizona University offered the highest net price of their degree of the three in-state universities at $99,057, while their average annual salary within five years was the lowest at $40,300.
Babson College, a business-focused institution in Massachusetts, provided the best value education in the United States, with the Webb Institute in Glen Cove, N.Y., and M.I.T. in Cambridge, Mass., coming in second and third.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon