GLENDALE, Ariz. — Monday marks the third day of the Arizona Cardinals’ preseason training camp in Glendale, Ariz.
The practices are open to the public, and businesses near University of Phoenix Stadium are expecting to cash in.
It’s the second year that the Cardinals camp has been held in Glendale, but it’s the first for the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant in the city’s Westgate Entertainment District.
“Last year we were not open. We opened just at the tail-end of (training camp),” said the restaurant’s general manager, Tony Sollars. “We’re actually really excited to get our first year with the training camp here.”
Sollars said the restaurant was open for business during the regular season, and that Cardinals home games were good for business.
“It increases business by about 20 to 30 percent [compared to non-game days],” said Sollars.
Westgate Development Director Jeff Teetsel said that while camp is going on, nearby restaurants see a boost in business for both lunch and dinner.
“With all of their practices being concentrated between 2 and 4:30 p.m., we certainly see fans arrive before they go to the stadium and then come to Westgate after they’ve attended,” Teetsell said.
And it may not be only fans who patron the Westgate restaurants.
“With the players staying at the Renaissance hotel next door, every now and again some of them may be walking around our property,” said Teetsel. “You never know when you might bump into them. When you’re in the line at Chipotle getting a burrito, you might be doing that next to one of the Cardinals players. It’s just kind of fun.”
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier