GLENDALE, Ariz. — Monday marks the third day of the Arizona Cardinals’ preseason training camp in Glendale, Ariz.
The practices are open to the public, and businesses near University of Phoenix Stadium are expecting to cash in.
It’s the second year that the Cardinals camp has been held in Glendale, but it’s the first for the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant in the city’s Westgate Entertainment District.
“Last year we were not open. We opened just at the tail-end of (training camp),” said the restaurant’s general manager, Tony Sollars. “We’re actually really excited to get our first year with the training camp here.”
Sollars said the restaurant was open for business during the regular season, and that Cardinals home games were good for business.
“It increases business by about 20 to 30 percent [compared to non-game days],” said Sollars.
Westgate Development Director Jeff Teetsel said that while camp is going on, nearby restaurants see a boost in business for both lunch and dinner.
“With all of their practices being concentrated between 2 and 4:30 p.m., we certainly see fans arrive before they go to the stadium and then come to Westgate after they’ve attended,” Teetsell said.
And it may not be only fans who patron the Westgate restaurants.
“With the players staying at the Renaissance hotel next door, every now and again some of them may be walking around our property,” said Teetsel. “You never know when you might bump into them. When you’re in the line at Chipotle getting a burrito, you might be doing that next to one of the Cardinals players. It’s just kind of fun.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon