PHOENIX — A pair of men picked the wrong house to mess with on Thursday. One of them found out the hard way after a pro wrestling champion ran him down.
Bryan Danielson, known as WWE heavyweight champion Daniel Bryan to wrestling fans, arrived home with his wife in the Arcadia neighborhood of Phoenix to find two men fleeing the house.
Danielson took off after them and caught one. After a brief struggle he held and detained Cesar Sosa, 22, using a rear naked choke hold until police officers arrived and took him into custody.
“Unfortunately, he wasn’t in very good shape,” Danielson said. “So, it didn’t take much.”
The other suspect still has not been located.
Sosa was booked and charged with burglary. He also had a felony warrant for his arrest. It is not known at this time if he has an attorney.
Phoenix police Sgt. Tommy Thompson said Sosa also had a felony warrant for burglary and kidnapping in
Danielson said he was happy his neighbors called 911 to report suspicious
activity about 10 minutes before the couple arrived. He said his wife had just
picked him up from the airport.
“I got really angry at first,” Danielson said. “They’re actually lucky that
I got them instead of Brie, because she probably would have been a little more
Brianna Danielson, a WWE star herself, said that while her husband went chasing the intruders, she
found Josie, the family dog, hiding in the couple’s bathroom.
“We didn’t know if they had Josie, too,” she said.
Danielson, known for his “Yes!” chants, is on a break from wrestling because of an injury.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon