PHOENIX — A pair of men picked the wrong house to mess with on Thursday. One of them found out the hard way after a pro wrestling champion ran him down.
Bryan Danielson, known as WWE heavyweight champion Daniel Bryan to wrestling fans, arrived home with his wife in the Arcadia neighborhood of Phoenix to find two men fleeing the house.
Danielson took off after them and caught one. After a brief struggle he held and detained Cesar Sosa, 22, using a rear naked choke hold until police officers arrived and took him into custody.
“Unfortunately, he wasn’t in very good shape,” Danielson said. “So, it didn’t take much.”
The other suspect still has not been located.
Sosa was booked and charged with burglary. He also had a felony warrant for his arrest. It is not known at this time if he has an attorney.
Phoenix police Sgt. Tommy Thompson said Sosa also had a felony warrant for burglary and kidnapping in
Danielson said he was happy his neighbors called 911 to report suspicious
activity about 10 minutes before the couple arrived. He said his wife had just
picked him up from the airport.
“I got really angry at first,” Danielson said. “They’re actually lucky that
I got them instead of Brie, because she probably would have been a little more
Brianna Danielson, a WWE star herself, said that while her husband went chasing the intruders, she
found Josie, the family dog, hiding in the couple’s bathroom.
“We didn’t know if they had Josie, too,” she said.
Danielson, known for his “Yes!” chants, is on a break from wrestling because of an injury.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night