PHOENIX — A pair of men picked the wrong house to mess with on Thursday. One of them found out the hard way after a pro wrestling champion ran him down.
Bryan Danielson, known as WWE heavyweight champion Daniel Bryan to wrestling fans, arrived home with his wife in the Arcadia neighborhood of Phoenix to find two men fleeing the house.
Danielson took off after them and caught one. After a brief struggle he held and detained Cesar Sosa, 22, using a rear naked choke hold until police officers arrived and took him into custody.
“Unfortunately, he wasn’t in very good shape,” Danielson said. “So, it didn’t take much.”
The other suspect still has not been located.
Sosa was booked and charged with burglary. He also had a felony warrant for his arrest. It is not known at this time if he has an attorney.
Phoenix police Sgt. Tommy Thompson said Sosa also had a felony warrant for burglary and kidnapping in
Danielson said he was happy his neighbors called 911 to report suspicious
activity about 10 minutes before the couple arrived. He said his wife had just
picked him up from the airport.
“I got really angry at first,” Danielson said. “They’re actually lucky that
I got them instead of Brie, because she probably would have been a little more
Brianna Danielson, a WWE star herself, said that while her husband went chasing the intruders, she
found Josie, the family dog, hiding in the couple’s bathroom.
“We didn’t know if they had Josie, too,” she said.
Danielson, known for his “Yes!” chants, is on a break from wrestling because of an injury.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America