PHOENIX — A couple of places known for serving food will be serving up free school supplies in Arizona on Saturday.
Lolo’s Chicken and Waffles and McDonald’s each will host back-to-drive drives in the morning from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m.
— Lo-Lo's C & W (@loloschicken) July 25, 2014
Lolo’s, a local favorite, will hand out backpacks (about 2,000) supplies, breakfast and drinks for students in kindergarten through eighth grade at its Phoenix location at 1220 S. Central Ave., near Buckeye Road.
At McDonald’s in metro Phoenix and northern Arizona, the first 100 kids at each of the 305 sites will be given a backpack starting at 8 a.m. Those kids will also get free yogurt.
The fast-food chain expects to hand out 25,000 backpacks. Students must be accompanied by a parent.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain