PHOENIX — With Arizona’s scorching temperatures, this is a really hot time of year for air conditioning companies.
Whenever an air conditioning unit needs to be repaired or replaced, air conditioning technicians have a way to keep cool while working in the attic, where temperatures can reach up to 130 degrees.
“Technicians will generally get the air conditioning running up in the attic once the duct work is off,” said Travis Howard, assistant service manager for Phoenix-based Howard Air. “They cool the attic down a little bit while they are prepping the job. At that point, they get up in the attic and it’s not so bad.”
Other than that, air conditioning workers use a portable fan and drink plenty of water to stay cool and hydrated in the attic.
If the air goes out, Howard doesn’t expect residents to wait around inside the house while waiting for repairs or a replacement.
“One of the things that we do for our customers, especially the ones that do have cell phones, is that we ask them to go to the mall and hang out,” he said. “We’ll call them when we’re on our way, so that they don’t have to stay in that hot house.”
Howard said his company can usually respond to an emergency repair call in just a few hours on a normal day.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food