PHOENIX — Tempe police are looking for a driver who struck a 20-year-old male with a vehicle Monday night and then fled the scene.
The incident occurred around 8:50 p.m. on Broadway Road, just east of College Avenue. The victim was pushing his bike along the northern curb.
The driver neither stopped nor alerted authorities after the incident.
Justin Devalk was taken to the hospital with serious injuries, but he is recovering.
Authorities have determined the vehicle was a dark-colored Chrysler Sebring or Dodge Stratus made between 2001 and 2006. The car would have damage to the passenger side, especially to the mirror.
Detectives are asking anyone with any information on this incident contact the Tempe Police Department at 480-350-8311, Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS or 800-343-TIPS.
Anonymous tips can also be left on the Silent Witness website.
A cash reward is available for information leading to the arrest of the suspect.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food